The Evolve GTR may at first glance seem similar to the MetroboardX, but on close inspection there are vast improvements that are exclusive to the MetroboardX!
- Evolve Made in China vs MetroboardX Made in the USA! Yes, the MetroboardX has parts from China, but we only work with top quality suppliers with an excellent track record. Furthermore, the boards are assembled and tested in the USA. Each MetroboardX passes several quality checks before shipping to our customers including a final test ride by the engineers that designed it!
- Evolve Top Speed 26 mph Street Wheels / 22 mph AT wheels vs MetroboardX 31 mph Street Wheels / 31 mph 155 mm AT Wheels / 28 mph 190 mm AT Wheels
- Evolve battery 14Ah (10S4P Samsung 35E cells with a 32A continuous discharge rating) vs MetroboardX 16Ah (10S5P LG MH1 cells, with a 50A continuous discharge rating for both cells and BMS)
- Evolve motor 5065 vs MetroboardX 6374 (twice the power)
- Evolve forged trucks vs MetroboardX Precision CNC Machined. MetroboardX uses super beefy hangers and 12 mm axles that drop down to 10 mm vs 10 mm that drop down to 8 mm on Evolve. This makes for a super tough truck that won’t break or bend even under the roughest conditions. And they look super sexy as well! Nothing off-the-shelf here!
- Evolve remote with historical wireless and general quality issues vs MetroboardX remote with near bullet proof wireless connection
- Evolve street wheels 97 mm vs MetroboardX 107 mm ABEC11 wheels (stock)
- Evolve ESC no Reverse vs MetroboardX VESC (much smoother and with FOC and with Smart Reverse which automatically goes into reverse after regenerative braking brings you to a stop!). Why is reverse important? Many reasons, but it is not uncommon to go a bit too far into an intersection with a red light and then you need to backup a bit to get out of harms way. Without reverse, this is very awkward to do especially on a big board which can be difficult to kick push backwards.
- Evolve strip lights (optional accessory not included stock) vs MetroboardX built in high power lighting (in the trucks) that is not just decorative, but also functional as both a headlight and tail light (stock)
- Evolve no built in belt tensioner vs MetroboardX built in automatic belt tensioner for ease of changing belts, pulleys and wheels
- Evolve charging jack and power switch under board vs MetroboardX on top of the deck for easy access without having to flip the board over!
The Metroboard Electric Skateboard is a precision machine (not a toy) designed for daily use as a short and long range transportation tool. When you do a thorough comparison, you will see that the Metroboard is the best value for your money!